I feel honored to be nominated for Liebster Award by blogger : Muhammed Ashhar. Please visit his inspiring blog https://effectivethoughts.wordpress.com As the name suggests, this blog is here to induce positive change amidst readers. Ashraf’s approach is fresh and appealing. He collects opinion of other bloggers on a topic through poles. Then he posts a article on same topic based on his opinion and, opinion of famous personalities.
I suggest you follow this wonderful blog.
To learn more about the Liebster Award click here. It is a way to connect with other bloggers. When you are nominated, you are asked a bunch of questions, and then you nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions and write 11 facts about yourself.
Here are the questions I was asked
- What is your favorite book? Apart from Quran, and books on seerah and hadith I loved to read “Enjoy your Life” by Dr. Muhammad Al-‘Areefi
- What is your favorite dish? Biriyani, kababs, rasmalai, chinagrass deserts (like gelatine items, but these are vegeterain items), pakodas, harida (like badam milk but with cocnut cream/milk)…. You shouldn’t have asked. The list is long 😉 After such meals, I’ll try to live on salads for next few days
- What is your favorite movie? I avoid movies.
- What are some of your hobbies? Cooking, paper cutting, embroidery, math/number puzzles, blogging (currently )
- How often do you blog? 😦 not as often as I want to. Minimum of once a month.
- What is the theme of your blog? Please check the about page.
- What is/are your favorite song(s)? just nasheeds- Mountains of Makkah- Zain Bhikha, Al Khaliq – Rashid bhikha, Amantu Billah, Nasheed Ramadan – Mishary Alafasy, Last Breath – Ahmed Bukhatir
- What is your favorite brand of clothes? Any modest clothing in cotton is fine.
- What is your favorite sport? Shuttlecock.
- What is your favorite TV show? Cookery shows; anything on huda tv(if my kids let me see);
- From where do you prefer to blog; computer/laptop or mobile/tablet? Laptop
Facts about me:
- Haya is my pen name.
- My first priority is my family
- I am mom of 2 sweet sons.
- If it had not been for this reward I would have not taken time to search others bloggers who think like me. Thanks Ashraf.
- I commit lot of errors while typing. Thanks to my friend/family Summaiya, most of them get corrected.
- I also thank sister Salma, for her valuable suggestions with respect to verses and hadiths referred in this blog. She is busy lady and generally checks blog few days after posting.
- Most of the visitors to my blog are ladies whom I befriended through whatsapp groups. Jazak Allahul khair.
- I love to cook. I like to do fussion cooking to please my hubby.
- I love solving math puzzles … that’s more like an addiction to me. So I won’t mention the site names J I wish to overcome this.
- I am a hijabi and wear a naqaab.
- I did taleem-al-quran correspondence course from Alhuda. Later, I attended direct classes as listener.
Here are my questions
- Why did you start a blog?
- What do you like in my blog?
- What’s the most important thing in your life?
- How do you cheer yourself when you are sad?
- What do you generally gift others?
- Whose company do you enjoy? Why?
- Who is your favourite Quran reciter?
- Which surah/surahs you love to listen? why?
- Where do you long to go on a visit? Why?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you start another blog, what will it be about?
Blogs I nominate are
- https://effectivethoughts.wordpress.com – I would like to see you answer my questions too. Besides I cant find your old award page.
Hope to see you all reply soon.