I have been nominated for a very interesting writing challenge “The Free Style Writing” by a wonderful blogger khamoshdhadkanen . I love her blog. She has a unique way of expressing her love for Allah through urdu poetry (transliterated in English). She occasionally translates it too.
The concept of free style writing revolves around the central idea of putting down words that may or may not relate to a particular topic and within a certain time period regardless of spelling or perhaps also grammar. .
So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
1) Open an MS Word document
2) Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3) You topic is at the foot of this post. But do not scroll down to see it until you are ready with the timer
4) Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD.
5) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
6) At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7) Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
Here is the topic given to me- “Best day of my life”
Time- 10 mins
Life is a blessing. More than one occasion remains fresh in my mind. I really rejoice recollect the birth of my first son. I had beesn infertile for 6 years. I had prayed day and night for a child. I was scared I might remain childless. With time I had learnt to accept myself as one who might neer have a child. I hadn’t lost hope but I decided that I should have full happy life even if I’m childless/ That’s when I was blessed with preganancy. Alhamdhiulilah.
My pregnancy was a easy one. I took great care of myself. Being away from my home , in gulf, I did miss my mom and pampering. But it was great. But, the least expected occurrence was my delivery, I was to deliver my son a month prior to due date!
My water bag broke and hubby rushed me to hospital. I had absolutrely no pain! The machines that shored contraction showed high scale. Doctors started checking the machines repeatedly! They were stunned to see me sitting and chewing biscut with such contractions. I remembered how I had consoled myself earlier. I had told myself Allah had kept me infertile to save me from delivery pain. Hpw great is Allah. Well …
I did feel some pain at end, And holding my son was great
No. of words 212 (last line not included.. as it was written after timer beeped to conclude the story)
Sorry I accidently pressed backspace many times. Hey I typed this in a dark room with my kids sleeping around me – so excuse my mistakes. I intend to make a better post on above incident in future.
Here are my nominees:
Your topic is “Quran speaks to me.” I would love to read your experiences on the topic.